How Can We Help?
You will need to void the invoice in Accounts Receivable (these steps will work for Agreement Billing as well)
- Go to Accounts Receivable, File, Company Setting, AR Settings, Entry Settings.
- Select the Allow edits/voids to invoices from SM check box. Click OK
- From the Tasks menu, select Adjust Receivables.
- Select the Customer and enter the Accounting Date.
- Select the Service Management invoice and click
- In the Void Activity window, the Reinstate the Work Order in Service Management checkbox is selected by default.
- When you click Yes, the entries are reversed in Accounts Receivable, Job Cost, and General Ledger and the invoice is deleted in Service Management. The associated work order’s status changes to Open and the work order or agreement records are available to edit in Service Management.
- When you clear the Reinstate the Work Order in Service Management check box, the associated work order is unaffected; entries are reversed in Accounts Receivable, Job Cost, and General Ledger and the invoice status changes to Voided in Service Management.
Note: Not reinstating the work order in Service Management when voiding the invoice in Accounts Receivable will keep the work order closed in Service Management; however, entering new items on the register will reopen the work order, which you will then be able to re-invoice what was voided.